MS "Mustai Karim" was included into the list of the best ships 2020 according RINA
21 June 2021
Passenger ship "Mustai Karim" designed by the Marine Engineering Bureau and built on the Krasnoye Sormovo shipyard by "Vodohod" company was included into the list of 50 best ships 2020 according to the world's oldest British Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA).
The 30th anniversary edition of Significant Ships 2020 includes vessels of various purposes, types and sizes (from sea cruise liners and ferries to supertankers, container and car carriers). However, according to the rules of RINA, the experts study only lead ships for each shipyard, commissioned in the reporting year.
The Russian "Mustai Karim" found herself in the company of the best ships from around the world, including the following:
- The National Geographic Endurance, an ultra-luxurious 126-passenger expedition ship built in accordance with the Polar Code (PC5), the first in the world and the first for Lindblad Expeditions;
- Scarlet Lady, the 3,212-passenger ship, Virgin Voyages' first in the series;
- The world's first LNG carrier Jacques Saade of 399.9 m length with a capacity of 23122 containers, CMA CGM type ULCS;
- Algeciras, the world's largest container carrier HMM type ULCS, 399.9 m long with 23964 containers;
- Oil tanker Fujisan Maru, VLCC class 4 Malaccamax (maximum dimensions for passing through the Strait of Malacca);
- Marine Vicky, the first LNG bunkering ship for Singapore with deadweight of 7990 tons - and others.
"Mustai Karim" is the first cruise motor ship built by the Russian shipyard for the last 60 years. At the moment it is the biggest cruise ship in the country and the only Russian river-sea class vessel. "Mustai Karim" was launched on September 11, 2019 and went on her first sailing in August 2020. In 2020, she made 12 sailings with navigation extended till November.
MS "Mustai Karim" is a real five-star hotel on water. She offers comfortable staterooms and suites, spacious and relaxing lounges, multiple restaurants and bars with panoramic views, Spa-complex with a sauna, hammam and the massage rooms, as well as a extensive sundeck.
There are 151 staterooms of different categories on board the ship, including suites with balconies or panoramic windows, grand suites and deluxe cabins. Some of the staterooms on board are designed for disabled passengers. And all of the cabins are equipped according to the classic standards of modern hotels.
"Mustai Karim" is served by 144 crew members, including not only technical staff, but also entertainers, artists, musicians, destination and cultural experts and Spa staff. Guests of different interests are welcomed onboard: families with children, romantic couples, friends’ parties, solo-travellers, and even business guests will fully enjoy the unravelling experience of "Mustai Karim".
Characteristics of MS "Mustai Karim":Ship's design: PV300
Launch date: September 11, 2019
Passenger capacity: 309 people
Number of cabins: 151
Width: 16,84 meters
Maximum speed: 22,5 km/h